The Wardens of The Forest (UrgZ)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Wars Guild

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please do NOT use your GW login username or password details here.Also don't use a character name as username. If you think you may have done let us know so we can change it
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Official Guild Wars Wiki
Guild Wiki
PvXwiki
Guild Wars.com
GWshack
Guildwars Guru
Guildwars 2 Guru
Latest Game Updates
Latest topics
» OMG Its....
Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime10/4/2010, 13:38 by iVintage

» Redneck returns?? maybe :D
Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime9/4/2010, 06:03 by Redneck1799

» Monthly treasure runs!
Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime8/4/2010, 11:53 by Undertaker

» Not feeling well
Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime18/3/2010, 14:27 by trapperrandy

» Father Ted's Leave
Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 07:24 by The Honey Bee

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Wardens of The Forest on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The Wardens of The Forest (UrgZ) on your social bookmarking website
Guild Wars™ is a trademark of NCsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
ArenaNet®
©2007 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. ArenaNet, Arena.Net and the ArenaNet logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Spread Firefox Affiliate Button
CCleaner - Freeware Windows Optimization
.CO.NR Free Domain

Guild VSF Guide/Builds

Go down 
+3
Melle
aron n l
Invoker Of Love
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Invoker Of Love

Invoker Of Love

Male
Gemini Dog
Number of posts : 56
Job/hobbies : Archery, GW and relaxing with my friends

Guild VSF Guide/Builds Empty
PostSubject: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime20/7/2009, 04:59

Hey people,
I'd like to get a Guild VSF group starting. For the new people VSF means Voltaic Spear Farm. We need 4 RoJ, 1 BiP, 1 FS, 1 Perma, 1 HB. Instead of RoJ you could get Cryers or FoC Necro's, But always at least 2 RoJ's per party.

4x RoJ :
[build prof=Mo/Me inspirationmagic=12 Smit=12+1+3 divi=3][Arcane Mimicry][Arcane Echo][Ray Of Judgment][Cry Of Pain][Mind Wrack][Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support][Smite Hex][Mantra of Resolve]

EVAS Can be replaced for "By Ural's Hammer!"

==== Usage ====
*Chain RoJ on called targets.
*Use CoP and EVAS during RoJ's downtime.
*Remove conditions and hexes with Smite Condition/Hex
*Use Mantra of Resolve to prevent interrupts[/build]

1x FS :
Rt/R Version:
[build prof=Rt/R Rest=10+1+3 Spawn=1 BeastMastery=11 WildernessSurvival=10][Serpent's Quickness][Spirit Light][Life][Edge of Extinction][Frozen Soil][Rupture Soul][Consume Soul][Flesh of My Flesh][/build]
R/Rt Version:
[build prof=R/Rt WildernessSurvival=9 Rest=8 BeastMastery=11+1 Expertise=7+1][Serpent's Quickness][Spirit Light][Life][Edge of Extinction][Frozen Soil][Gaze Of Fury][Consume Soul][Flesh Of My Flesh]

Gaze Of Fury/Rupture Soul can be replaced by Rupture Soul/Gaze Of Fury

==== Usage ====
*Maintain Edge of Extinction and Frozen Soil during battle.
*Only cast Frozen Soil once the BiP has returned from the wall and is safely out of harm's way. Not being able to resurrect the BiP in case he dies at the beginning is a sure way to annoy your entire team.
*Frozen Soil can be safely removed after all Demolishers, Pounders, Marksmen, Warders (which carry Resurrection Signet) and Dreamers (which use Resurrection Chant) are dead.
*Use Rupture Soul/Gaze Of Fury to remove Frozen Soil if needed.
*Use Consume Soul on minions and enemy spirits. Killing minions in this way is a lot safer than nuking them all at once and will allow your RoJs to focus on more important targets.[/build]

1x Perma :
[build prof=A/E air=12 deadly=3 shadow=12+1+3][Glyph of Swiftness][Deadly Paradox][Shadow Form][Dwarven Stability][Dark Escape][Feel No Pain][I Am Unstoppable][Death's Charge]

Dash can be used in place of Feel No Pain.
Heart of Shadow can also be used in place of Feel No Pain for an additional heal and shadowstep if bodyblocked (although Death's Charge is sufficient).
Shadow Sanctuary can be used in place of "I am Unstoppable!".

====Usage====
* The first part is simple, run to Slaver's Exile. No KD's its easy.
* When you enter Slaver's Exile run around the left to a bridge where the Necro should cast BIP on you.
* Run through the first group of dwarves to your left and Death's Charge to the furthest away.
* Wait by the wall, trying not to agro any of the Modniir until you can recast SF again.
* Cast Dwarven Stability (very helpfull if you are drunk) and Dark Escape and run past the Modniir trying, if possible, to stay away from them.
* Continue running round making sure you have "I am Unstoppable!" on and aren't being shot by any Marksmen with Choking Gas before casting Shadow Form (an effective way to avoid interrupts from arrows is to cast glyph + DP then take 2 steps to dodge the arrows before casting Shadow Form).
* The first time you need to recast shadow form you should be able to get around the corner and therefore out of range of the people shooting you with choking gas which can interrupt and kill you instantly.
* After the Re-cast run up to the wall and wait for the enemies to gather around you.
* If you see Thommis run to the wall instead of you, shadow step to him attack him with zealous daggers to prevent him from running away. Body block him into the wall if possible.
* If you are having trouble try looking at the video on Youtube. Just search VSF. Remember: Practice makes perfect, don't give up immediately.
* Consumables are extremly helpful, i.e. Candy Apple and Candy Corn.
* Video demonstration of the run to Slaver's, and through the dungeon. Runner in the video is using alcohol.[/build]

1x 1HP BiP :
[build prof=N/Any SoulReaping=9+3 BloodMagic=12+1+3 ][Blood is Power][optional][optional][optional][optional][optional][optional][Resurrection Signet]

You should try to take something like Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom/Ebon Battle Standard of Honor.

Second Profession of your choise. As long as you can support your party. For Example:
*N/P Song Of Power, Fall Back or Aria of Zeal are nice choises.
*N/Mo Any Condition/Hex removal.

=== Usage ===
*Sac yourself to death once to get your HP down to 1, some people do it as many times as needed to get to 60% Death Penalty
*Spam BiP on perma sin when it sets up for the run on the bridge.
*Stay away from the wall spamming BiP on everyone except the A/E because if you die your team is kinda screwed.
* Support your party with your other skills.[/build]

1x HB :
[build prof=Mo/E DivineFavor=10+1 HealingPrayers=12+1+2 ProtectionPrayers=8][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Protective Spirit][Heal Party][Healer's Boon][Jamei's Gaze][optional][Dwayna's Kiss][Resurrection Chant]

Optional should be:
Patient Spirit for an additional healing skill.
Cure Hex to remove dangerous hexes like Arcane Conundrum.
Healing Seed if you are that terrible a monk. Cast it on the permasin while he is tanking Justiciar Thommis.

==== Usage ====
*Stand near the wall and use GoLe and Heal Party until the perma comes into range.
*Be sure to move away from the wall out of radar range of the enemy to reduce run times significantly (This will prevent Thommis from running away to a high degree).
*Continue to use Heal Party and GoLe until your team starts nuking.
*As soon as the RoJs move in for the kill, cast Prot Spirit on the perma and spam heals on him continuously even if he is at 100% health.
*Use Gole to reduce the energy required to cast Prot Spirit and other high energy spells such as Jamei's Gaze and Heal Party.
*Use Resurrection Chant to resurrect the perma. Do NOT use Rebirth or similar skills as this will force the perma to redo the run (but he will most likely ragequit if you do).
*If you do not have a hex removal on you, or yours is in recharge, call for dangerous hexes like Arcane Conundrum to be removed from you.
*Use protective spirit on yourself and pressured targets if necessary.[/build]

Last edited by Invoker Of Love on 23/8/2009, 12:08; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Invoker Of Love

Invoker Of Love

Male
Gemini Dog
Number of posts : 56
Job/hobbies : Archery, GW and relaxing with my friends

PostSubject: Re: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime20/7/2009, 05:02

Please say what you can be.

RoJ : Invoker, Ted, Melle, jboy, Moatsy
BiP : Invoker, Ted,
FS : Aron N L, Ted, Invoker, Moatsy
Perma: Redneck, Melle, jboy,
HB :Ted, jboy, Moatsy

Last edited by Invoker Of Love on 23/8/2009, 00:45; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
aron n l

Male
Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : job: school / hobbies: guild wars, call of duty 4 , basketball

PostSubject: Re: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime20/7/2009, 05:18

i can b a ranger/rit fs
Back to top Go down
Melle

Melle

Male
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : PC, Badminton

PostSubject: Re: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime20/7/2009, 14:46

i can be Perma and Smiter
Back to top Go down
jboy157

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime13/8/2009, 17:16

I can be the Healer, Perma, or RoJ
Back to top Go down
Moatsy

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime18/8/2009, 15:50

Bowed deviant= r/rt fs

Gods deathhand will also be able to roj or hb soon.

Last edited by Moatsy on 19/8/2009, 09:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New thought)
Back to top Go down
Twilight Inferno

Twilight Inferno

Male
Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : playing GW of course

PostSubject: Re: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime23/8/2009, 11:50

what's the easiest to be? i have a ranger and a perma that can go there but i can make other chars if ther is an easier job
Back to top Go down
Thy Holy

Thy Holy

Male
Taurus Snake
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Music, GW.

PostSubject: Re: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime25/8/2009, 02:39

I can RoJ, BiP, HB. I could easily get the FS stuff, and I am working on a perma.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild VSF Guide/Builds   Guild VSF Guide/Builds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild VSF Guide/Builds
Page 1 of 1