The Wardens of The Forest (UrgZ)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Wars Guild

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please do NOT use your GW login username or password details here.Also don't use a character name as username. If you think you may have done let us know so we can change it
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Official Guild Wars Wiki
Guild Wiki
PvXwiki
Guild Wars.com
GWshack
Guildwars Guru
Guildwars 2 Guru
Latest Game Updates
Latest topics
» OMG Its....
This may help some in FA PVP Icon_minitime10/4/2010, 13:38 by iVintage

» Redneck returns?? maybe :D
This may help some in FA PVP Icon_minitime9/4/2010, 06:03 by Redneck1799

» Monthly treasure runs!
This may help some in FA PVP Icon_minitime8/4/2010, 11:53 by Undertaker

» Not feeling well
This may help some in FA PVP Icon_minitime18/3/2010, 14:27 by trapperrandy

» Father Ted's Leave
This may help some in FA PVP Icon_minitime8/3/2010, 07:24 by The Honey Bee

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Wardens of The Forest on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The Wardens of The Forest (UrgZ) on your social bookmarking website
Guild Wars™ is a trademark of NCsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
ArenaNet®
©2007 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. ArenaNet, Arena.Net and the ArenaNet logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Spread Firefox Affiliate Button
CCleaner - Freeware Windows Optimization
.CO.NR Free Domain

This may help some in FA PVP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pgrandprix98

Pgrandprix98

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 14

This may help some in FA PVP Empty
PostSubject: This may help some in FA PVP   This may help some in FA PVP Icon_minitime21/4/2009, 21:47

I just want to give a few good pointers to those new to FA (Fort Aspenwood), because some of the teams there now can be frustrating...

1. Don't open the green gate when it is surrounded by luxons. You can't dump amber when the lux are in the green anyway. Gate keepers will not take it till it is safe.

2. When the lux pour into the green gate, do not chase someone out in the field. This is a diversion on the lux's part, and I've seen it work many times. Get back and defend!

3. It's good to attack the turtles, but if it is being healed by a monk, then attack the monk. I, most of the time, find it easy to attack the turtle, when 3 or 4 ppl from my team is putting so much preasure on the monk, that they have no time to heal.

4. If the lux pour into the green gate, and you are a monk, then heal Gunther. Don't waste time healing team members. Your team will rez a short distance away from Gunther and can attack quickly. But Gunther is a wimp, and needs all the protection he can get. Many times I have used Healing Spring on my ranger (285 healing) to save Gunther until we won ( with the credit going to a monk who never healed him, or healed him once or twice lol).

5. When your team is attacking a mine, then go help if there is time. Or, if some are fighting to keep it, then go and grab some amber. The important thing is to get that amber back to the gate keepers. What I do, is after getting amber, and see the orange or purple gate come down, I wait up to 10 seconds before repairing the gate. The reason is, the more that get closer to the gate, or inside, the more that will be attacked. The NPC'S outside, can't hit a turtle if it is attacking from the bridge. It's always nice to trap the turtle or a few lux inside a gate.

6. Play it smart. If all the lux are inside and heading to the green gate, then don't go inside and wait for them to break it down (like I see some doing). If the entire Kurz team fights in front of the green gate, then it will be hard for the lux to get inside. Now I see some ppl open the green when it is surrounded by the lux, and this can only mean two things, they are luxons on a Kurz team trying to make us lose (my name is karla-the necro suicide bomber). or they are plain moronic.

7. This is just my opinion, but when someone asks to see your build in FA, don't show it to them. We have had a lux or two sneek over with their R2 or so Kurz title, ask to see a build, and either use it against you, or modify theirs against yours. The other day some guy kept asking to see mine during a fight. I told him I was busy. So after we won, he kept asking and so I gave my build to him. He laughed and left and some Kurz said I should not have given my build to him. And I said, it's ok, I just gave him a fake build with all the good stuff replaced lol. I will never give my build (it's really nothing special, although it has gotten me almost to R11 Kurz) to anyone in PVP unless they are in our guild.

There is more to this list, but the more you fight in FA, the more you will learn on your own. Good team work is the key (and having monks in your team), so much so, that I've been on teams where we took 12 wins in a row from the lux from time to time. Yes, this is just a video game, but hell, it's still nice to win!
Back to top Go down
Invoker Of Love

Invoker Of Love

Male
Gemini Dog
Number of posts : 56
Job/hobbies : Archery, GW and relaxing with my friends

This may help some in FA PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: This may help some in FA PVP   This may help some in FA PVP Icon_minitime22/4/2009, 01:14

Thx for the advise
Back to top Go down

This may help some in FA PVP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wardens of The Forest (UrgZ) :: The Round Table-
Jump to: